Saturday, March 20, 2010

Peace Ambassador Exchange (PAX) Opportunity for August 2010

You are invited to apply for an international experience in Japan as a Peace Ambassador Exchange (PAX) member in August of 2010. The purpose is to see the setting and hear the history of the atomic explosions that occurred in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. There will be opportunity to visit the museums, participate in commemoration activities, and to talk with people who actually experienced the events. There is no age, education or religious criteria. Those interested in participating should have a strong interest in peace.

Here's what Mary Cox, 2007 PAX Team traveler had to say about her experience: Visiting Japan with the PAX team provided me with an exciting cross-cultural experience during which I connected with lots of people interested and active in peace work. Home-stays were a vital part of my experience, and I value so much the personal friends I made with my home-stay families as well as with the other PAX team members. I met several people who survived the atomic bombs in 1945, which deeply enriched my learning experience. It was an emotionally intense trip because of the many discussions and deep thinking we did throughout the week. This trip showed me that peace making is of world-wide interest, with peacemakers all across the globe working and thinking together - a very exciting discovery to make! I highly recommend the PAX team experience to anyone interested in peacemaking through cross-cultural connections!

No comments: